RC Sigs opened in the Summer of 1949 to provide
weather information. It was staffed and operated as an integral part of the NWT&Y Radio System until handed over to the Department of Transport on
18 September 1954.
In the summer of 2008 Brian Johnson visited the old station. The following photographs show the remarkable state of preservation of the old buildings and evidence of the changes made by DoT after taking over from the Signal Corps.